We are excited to announce that SWS rehearsals are resuming, after a seven month absence.
Unfortunately, our usual venue, Queenwood School in Mosman is unable yet to open its premises to external groups like ours, so we are forced to seek an alternative, which is St Andrews Uniting Church, South Turramurra NSW 2074.
We have 6 rehearsals until the end of 2020 at our temporary venue, commencing Wed 4 November and ending Wed 9 December. The last rehearsal will be shorter to allow a social event to follow straight after it.
Our hire of the church hall is conditional on us following the rules based on the government regulations for Covid-19. In particular, the band is required to do the following:
- For every rehearsal we need to keep an attendance roster with the contact details for contact tracing purposes
- Members need to maintain social distancing during rehearsals. At this stage the distance is 1.5m
- Members will need to bring their own MUSIC STAND to ensure adherence to social distancing rules
- Woodwind and brass players need to bring a cloth/towel to catch the spit/condensation from their instrument
- At the end of the rehearsal we need to have a few ‘designated’ people wipe down the chairs and put them away (a 3 minute job)
Time: 7.45pm – 9.15pm (without a break)
Venue: St Andrew’s Uniting Church, South Turramurra NSW 2074
Please refer to map below:
Public transport options
The 571 bus runs from Turramurra station (North Shore line) past the church. View the timetable. The last bus seems to leave the station at 7pm so you would arrive around 7:10/7:15pm and the hall is not booked until 7:45 due to a prior commitment.